|The Brown House||Students Welcome|
The first house in Olds to be designated a Historical Resource. The Brown House was built 1910 by Henry Brown.
Mrs. Henry Brown , known as "Brownie" was a storekeeper and a milliner (maker of ladies hats ) and for many years kept a rooming house for respectable young ladies, she kept a strict 10.00pm curfew and all gentlemen visitors were ejected at that time. The young ladies were expected to retire at speed, having first done up their elaborate coiffures in paper and hair pins, ready for the next day.
From 1913-1925 it became a girl's dormitory for Olds College, boys boarded here in later years and ate down the street at the Davis house (4830-49 Street) The Auberge Brown is located in South Central Alberta, in the farming community of Olds, and is only a short drive to the following tourist attractions:
• Calgary and Drumheller - the home of the Calgary Stampede & Tyrell Museum. (One hour drive)
• Banff and Lake Louise in the Canadian Rockies. (One & half & two hours drive)
• Edmonton and the West Edmonton Mall. (Two hours drive)
Address -4809-49 Avenue, Olds.
The Auberge Brown is open year round and is a perfect place for a quiet relaxing visit while on business or romantic get away from the noise of the big city, or a great place to be your home base while vacationing in South Central Alberta.